Fostering policy Coherence
- The network and members supported counties in development of costed multi-sectoral nutrition action plans (CNAPS). The network has supported the development of 23 CNAPS and the launch of 18 CNAPs.
- Engagement with County governments and legislators to ensure resources for implementation of CNAPS are secured.
Improving Coordination at all levels
- Engagement with office of the president to elevate coordination of nutrition services to higher office with convening powers for multisectoral actions.
- Mobilisation of participation of the Council of Governors and County Assembly Forums.
- Technical support to policy dialogue and coordination meetings at national and county level.
- Five nutrition financing round table discussion held where commitments were made for nutrition financing
- Supported planning and convening of the national nutrition symposium with mobilisation of commitments from senior government officials.
- Assessment of nutrition budget allocation, expenditure tracking and analysis.
Advocacy at National and County level
- Signed MoU to facilitate engagement of 45 County First Ladies in nutrition advocacy.
- Engagement with Women Parliamentarians on going, in the process of creating Parliamentary Nutrition Caucus.
- Identified nutrition focal persons in national assembly and senate.
Media engagement for information sharing
- Identified over 80 journalists sensitized to increase accuracy on nutrition reporting.
- Established partnership with Health TV Africa to facilitate engagement of 67 media stations on nutrition reporting.
- Development, translation and dissemination of nutrition messages to 10 different languages.
- Development of nutrition radio and TV spots on going.